What’s At The End of Your Rainbow?
A Gold Mine of Savings If You Choose Energy Star™ Products!
If March were a color, she’d probably be green. From shamrocks and new grass to St. Patrick’s Day and leprechauns, there is no denying it is definitely the color of spring.
With this in mind, have you considered going green?
In today’s world, going green and being eco-friendly are all the rage. And at DS Heating & Air, we can help you accomplish this goal. For example, if you’ve decided this is the spring to replace that old HVAC system, why not “go green” and choose an Energy Star-qualified cooling system? As an Energy Star partner certified by the Environmental Protection Agency, we are experts on energy efficiency and understand how reduced usage can benefit the environment and save you money.
Go Green: But What Does It Mean?
So, you’ve heard the term “Energy Star” and you know it’s a positive rating. But in terms of energy use, what does it actually mean? Good question.
To earn the Energy Star rating, a product must meet strict energy efficiency guidelines that are set by the EPA. So, central air conditioners that are Energy Star certified have higher seasonal energy efficiency ratios (SEER) and energy efficiency ratios (EER) ratings. Result? They use less energy than conventional models, so you pay less money each month on your utility bills.
Make Your Home a Lucky Space!
While an Energy Star air conditioning system will definitely have you seeing more green in your wallet, it’s not the only option for keeping your whole home green. Here are eight more ways to make your home greener and more energy efficient this month– just in time for St. Patrick’s Day!
- Switch it up. Replace old light bulbs with new LED ones.
- Seal the cracks. Use weather stripping to plug air leaks around doorframes and use caulk to seal your windows.
- Choose programmable thermostats. These smart devices regulate home temperatures so you can adjust your heating and cooling when you’re not even home!
- Be smart. Choose energy-efficient options for all of your household appliances.
- Keep things clean. Change or clean HVAC filters regularly during high-use periods.
- Move some air. Use fans to move conditioned air.
- Get the right blinds. Invest in blackout curtains to keep things cool in the summer and insulated blinds to trap in heat in the winter.
- Plan each year. Purchase an annual energy savings agreement from DS Heating & Air!
Let Us Charm You With Big Savings
At DS Heating & Air, we want you to feel lucky year-round. And what better way to feel lucky than with a home comfort system that works seamlessly 24/7? Call our heating and cooling professionals at 661.231.8118 to learn about our annual Energy Savings Agreement. Our plan includes discounts, coupons, priority service and more. We’ll have your air conditioning and heating systems running stronger and more efficiently than ever.