System Performance Audits
Optimizing Your Home’s Energy Use
Each day, your home loses costly conditioned air due to poorly sealed windows and doors, ductwork problems, aging HVAC components, and inefficient HVAC designs. At DS Heating & Air, our NATE-, NCI-, and EPA-certified team provides system performance audits that help you understand and improve your home’s energy use.
After your energy audit, our team can help you make cost-effective adjustments that could save you hundreds each year in energy costs.
The System Performance Audit Process
Your system performance audit is designed to pinpoint inefficiencies and make cost-effective recommendations that lower energy use and save you money, month to month. Our comprehensive system performance audits consist of:
- Visual inspection. We evaluate HVAC equipment, ductwork, and other components to determine how well they function as a whole system.
- Airflow measurements. Our technicians use state-of-the-art tools to measure the rate of airflow between the inside and outside of your home.
- Temperature assessments. We carefully check the temperature differences throughout the property to determine HVAC efficiency, pinpoint hotspots, and make recommendations that enhance comfort.
- Area air requirements. Energy-efficient homes require fresh air ventilation to perform at their peak and ensure indoor air quality. We test your home to determine whether mechanical ventilation is needed.
- Static pressure testing. Measuring the static pressure of your ducts helps us diagnose ductwork problems and assure that your ductwork is delivering the correct amount of airflow.
Goals of Your System Performance Audit
Diagnosing operational deficiencies can help new and aging HVAC systems perform optimally. At DS Heating & Air, our experienced technicians help you create a healthy, comfortable home where you can reap the benefits of month-to-month energy savings. To speak with a member of our team about other energy efficiency services, or to schedule a system performance audit, call 661.310.3747 or connect online.