Heat Pump Maintenance
Safeguard Your Cooling Investment
If you own a heat pump or are thinking about installing one in your Lancaster, CA home, you should have a qualified HVAC professional routinely maintain the system. Our Energy Savings Agreement includes scheduled maintenance that extends the useful life of your AC system and keeps it operating at peak performance during hot summer days.
Heat Pump Maintenance Tips for Homeowners
In addition to investing in an Energy Savings Agreement, there are a few do-it-yourself tasks you can perform throughout the year to improve your heat pump’s functionality and longevity. These include:
- Cleaning or changing filters no less than every three months. During summer and winter use, change or clean filters once per month.
- Keep your outdoor unit free of debris, including twigs, trash, and weeds. When clutter builds up around heat pump equipment, it can make its way through the grill and damage internal components.
- Dust and clean the indoor supply and return registers.
Invest in Annual Heat Pump Maintenance
As part of your DS Energy Savings Agreement, our team will inspect and clean your system, pinpoint small issues that must be addressed, and check thermostat levels to ensure even, consistent cooling. This type of maintenance program can save you hundreds each year in repair costs, and may also include:
- Checking filters, blowers & indoor coils for obstructions.
- Testing for adequate airflow.
- Diagnosing refrigerant leaks & correcting coolant charge.
- Checking electrical connections & tightening as needed.
- Lubricating belts & motors.
Your DS Heating & Air Energy Savings Agreement is tailored to the maintenance needs of your HVAC equipment, and savings agreement members also enjoy priority scheduling, service discounts, and rebate opportunities. Dial 661.231.8118 to request a no-obligation consultation for heat pump maintenance or installation, or to speak to a technician about affordable annual maintenance plans.