Heat Pump Maintenance
Safeguard Your Heating Investment
Heat pumps are an energy-efficient way to heat and cool your Lancaster, CA home. If you own a heat pump or are thinking about installing one, hire a qualified HVAC professional to routinely maintain the system. Heat pump maintenance extends the useful life of your heating system and keeps it operating at peak performance during chilly winter days.
Heat Pump Maintenance Tips for Homeowners
In addition to investing in an Energy Savings Agreement to maintain your heat pump, there are a few do-it-yourself maintenance tasks you can perform throughout the year to improve your heating system’s functionality and longevity. These include:
- Changing and cleaning filters every three months, and more often during periods of frequent winter usage.
- Keeping outdoor heat pump equipment free of debris, including twigs, trash, and weeds. When clutter builds up around the outside unit, it can make its way through the grill and damage the internal components.
- Dusting and cleaning your heat pump’s indoor supply and return registers.
Invest in Annual Heating Maintenance
During a professional Energy Savings Agreement maintenance visit, the DS Heating & Air team will inspect and clean your heat pump, pinpoint small issues that must be addressed, and check thermostat levels to ensure even, consistent warmth. Proper maintenance can save you hundreds each year in repair costs, and may also include:
- Checking filters, blowers & indoor coils for obstructions.
- Testing for adequate airflow.
- Diagnosing refrigerant leaks & correcting coolant charge.
- Checking electrical connections & tightening as needed.
- Lubricating belts & motors.
Each DS Heating & Air Energy Savings Agreement is tailored to the unique needs of your home and heating system, and savings agreement members enjoy priority scheduling, service discounts, and other savings opportunities. Dial 661.231.8118 to request a no-obligation consultation for heat pump maintenance or installation, or to speak to a technician about our affordable annual heating service contracts.