Carbon Monoxide Testing
Prioritize Your Family’s Safety
Carbon monoxide is the leading cause of U.S. poisonings, according to the National Safety Institute. The only way to be sure that your heating and combustion equipment is operating without CO leaks is to conduct a professional test. Protecting customers, families, and pets, DS Heating & Air comfort experts are certified by the National Comfort Institute (NCI) to detect and prevent CO poisoning. We are trained to measure the safety and efficiency of your HVAC equipment, and will provide you with documentation that is especially useful if you are selling or buying a home.
Even small quantities of carbon monoxide can lead to flu-like problems such as headaches, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, and shortness of breath. DS Heating & Air cares about the health and well-being of our community, so we recommend professional CO measuring for your home. Testing is essential for older equipment, but new, untested equipment should also be evaluated for CO safety.
Symptoms of Moderate to Severe CO Poisoning
If your fuel-burning appliances are producing dangerous levels of carbon monoxide, CO poisoning may result. At moderate to severe levels, you may experience:
- Severe headaches
- Confusion & impaired judgment
- Chest pain & trouble breathing
- Irregular heartbeat
- Personality changes
- Difficulty walking or moving
- Nausea & vomiting
NCI-Certified Carbon Monoxide Testing
Coma or death can result from just a few minutes of CO in heavy concentrations. To reduce your risk of exposure to this odorless, colorless gas: open your fireplace flue, vent appliances to the outdoors, and have combustion appliances checked routinely for cracks and leaks. Our EPA-, NCI- and NATE-certified team members use calibrated combustion analyzers to test your home for low levels of CO. And, when it’s time to replace an aging furnace or HVAC system, we recommend the safest, most energy-efficient equipment on the market. To learn more about carbon monoxide tests or to schedule an indoor air quality or HVAC consultation, call 661.310.3747 today!