June Is National Healthy Homes Month!
Keep Children, Pets & Family Safe with Quality Home Checks
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter once said, “There is nothing more important than a good, safe, secure home.” At DS Heating & Air, we couldn’t agree more. After all, your home is where your most important people reside. It’s the place where your family connects and regroups on a daily basis. So, it is only natural to want your most special people to feel safe and secure.
Appropriately so, the month of June has been dubbed National Healthy Homes Month by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Because, when it comes to family, nothing is ever too good. Whatever the situation, you always want your loved ones to feel as secure as possible.
With this is mind, now is the perfect time to inspect your home for possible safety and health hazards. Whether you know it or not, there are things inside your home that can seriously affect your health. It’s important to be aware of what these triggers are so you remain safe. When you need reminders and assistance about healthy indoor living—the experts at DS Heating & Air are always around to help.
Five-Minute House Checkup
To be certain your home is at its safest this month, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development recommends an in-home safety check. Here are seven things you can do to prevent potential harm.
- Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Make your home smoke free.
- Check that all locks work.
- Remember to wash your hands often with hot, soapy water.
- Program poison control into your cell phone.
- Do a clean sweep (throw out junk) in one room of your house.
- Check pets for allergens and bugs. Give them a bath.
While you can handle most of these checks yourself, DS Heating & Air can help with the others. We offer services to improve your indoor air quality so you’re living (and breathing) healthier inside your home.
Here are a few major ways we can help:
- Call us to conduct a professional carbon monoxide test. We are trained to measure the safety and efficiency of your HVAC equipment and are certified by the National Comfort Institute (NCI) to detect and prevent CO poisoning. Due to it being an odorless gas, carbon monoxide poisoning is often referred to as the “silent killer.” Don’t risk exposing your family to this toxic gas, especially if your home equipment is old and outdated. Call us for complete testing!
- We offer ultraviolet (UV) germicidal light installation to zap pollutants such as viruses, mold and bacteria that may have escaped into your living space through older furnace filters or air cleaners. The benefits of germicidal lights are plentiful and can significantly improve your indoor air quality. From improving heating and cooling to reducing cold and flu germs (and more), we can help upgrade the safety of your home.
Safety First at DS
Don’t forget. DS Heating & Air also offers installation of whole-house humidifiers and air cleaners to further improve your overall indoor breathing health. Whatever your HVAC needs, we are always available for service and will do our best to make sure your home is always safe. Call us today for all of your heating and cooling needs!